Skip to main content

MacOS Catalina Blockchain location file system is read only

So, I have my blockchain on an external hard drive, but due to speed amongst other things I would like to have it stored at its normal location. Before OS Catalina it was no problem and was stored at Macintosh HD> Users> Username> bitmonero, but when I try to set the GUI to have the blockchain stored here, I get the message

File system is read only

Is there a known way from anyone else operating on MacOS Catalina to provide access to the monero GUI for this specific location to download and keep the blockchain in this location?

thing is I have another folder thats practically in the same location that the program has zero issues writing to which is located at Macintosh HD> Users> Username XXX> Monero > Wallets - which it can then create new folders here for new wallets that I choose to create/setup

submitted by /u/AllAboutGadgets
[link] [comments]

via Monero: the secure, private, untraceable currency https://ift.tt/3bVlMyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Guide] Setting up a Monero full node on Tails

When should you use this guide Connecting to a third party remote node is not an option (threat model, agency, etc.) You are not able to host a private .onion remote node outside of Tails (with e.g. PiNode-XMR ) Running Qubes+Whonix is not an option This guide does not require setting up a root password or making changes to the firewall. For instructions on how to set up a wallet on Tails with a remote node, visit: http://xmrguide42y34onq.onion/tails What you will need 1 SSF USB (Tails+Blockchain) OR a regular USB (Tails) + external SSD (Blockchain) Corsair Flash Voyager GTX (CMFVYGTX3C-128GB) Sandisk Extreme PRO (SDCZ880-128G-G46) Samsung Portable SSD T5 A computer with at least 4 GB of RAM and an USB 3.0 port Some technical competence The device that stores the blockchain should have a capacity of at least 100 GB. Using the specs above and a recent processor syncing will take on the order of 15 - 30 hours. This will work with regular USB flash storage, but...

Zcash was the best performing large cap privacy coin last month

submitted by /u/fireice_uk [link] [comments] via Zcash https://ift.tt/2PoyYX1

Monero node on an external HDD?

Do we need to use a 64+ GB USB 3.0 flash drive to download the monero node through tails or can we just download the monero node on Windows, store it on an external hard drive then just access it through tails with the monero GUI? My computer doesn't even support USB 3.0, and still stuck on 2.0 ports on an old gaming laptop, so I don't see a good reason to drop $50 just to have a secure monero wallet when I already have plenty of hard drives and space. I do boot windows from an SSD but don't really have 50gb to spare for a wallet. submitted by /u/waitwaitwaitup [link] [comments] via Monero: the secure, private, untraceable currency https://ift.tt/317KTeY